The Healthy Food Access Portal brings together the rapidly growing body of research, best practices, resources, and policy information for community members, practitioners, advocates, entrepreneurs, and others who are committed to ensuring that all communities have equitable access to healthy, quality, affordable food.
- Provides a one-stop shop for a wide range of research and technical support tools created by dozens of organizations active in the food access sector
- Highlights progress and up-to-date information on the development of federal, state, and local food access policies
- Lifts up successful stories and examples of policy and practice in action for policymakers, advocates, and decision makers
- Offers information and tools for policy advocates to learn about promising policy models, build advocacy skills, and connect with other advocates across the country
- Offers resources and tools for food system entrepreneurs seeking to successfully plan, finance, and launch a range of healthy food business models—from grocery stores to food hubs to mobile markets.
In 2009, PolicyLink, The Food Trust, and Reinvestment Fund launched a campaign, with partners and stakeholders from across the country, to raise public awareness and educate policy makers about the limited and inequitable access to supermarkets and grocery stores in both rural and urban America.